10.15.2007

Okami’s life in 20 minutes – or it’s free!

Alright – I have to leave work in one massive hurry – some of the following reasons are fuelling the fire:

1) I have to vote tonight
2) I have to pack tonight
3) I have to book my plane ticket that I was supposed to book last week – oops

To present a brief synopsis of my life thus far, for any of you lovely souls out there still feigning any interest in it:

4) I was promoted
5) I got a raise
6) I now have business cards I like to share with others
7) My old boss was fired
8) 2 of my toxic co-workers are gone
9) I won $100
10) Reconnected with the team members I truly love being with
11) Will be drinking with one of them this time tomorrow
12) Am at my wits end trying to find housing in this city
13) See above and replace with ‘vehicle’
14) My new boss is a lovely person
15) I’ve rekindled my enjoyment of buying gifts for others just because I can
16) I am spring cleaning in the fall – yes I am aware of the irony
17) I have 47 voicemails to still listen to (ugh)
18) I have lost weight – mystery to me, but I’ll take it
19) I do not weigh myself, but know #18 to be true because of my clothes
20) Found nearly $400 while cleaning

More to come!

20 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

Congratulations on #4 and #5!

Now, regarding #15: I want Eternal Sonata and Battlestations: Midway for the XBox 360, Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP, a poutine, a new cardiovascular system, an FA-22 fighter jet, and a pony. K THX!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Doug: Thanks!

I'll agree to the poutine...and maybe the pony (it doesn't have to be a really one does it?)

As for the games - would you take cash instead? I don't like going into game stores anymore because...well...they look at me in certain ways. Icky ways.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

So let me do the math. Promotion + raise - crappy boss - toxic co-workers + frustration (housing + vehicle + voice mails) + great new boss + good co-workers + drinks + joys of gift giving + lost weight + $400.

I think you come out squarely ahead on that one.

Feel free to come and clean my place and I'll give you 10% of any cash you find.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

The games can always be bought at Amazon.com. Nobody looks at you through the Internet (at least not unless you want them to.) I would say they're ogling you because you're sexy, but they're gaming geeks so it's more likely they're ogling you simply because you have ovaries (the sexiness is just a bonus.)

So I can't get the fighter jet or the cardiovascular system? I was so hoping for the cardiovascular system. Sometimes I can feel the blood getting blocked up in clogged arteries ... too much poutine-like foods.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Princess Pointful said...

Wow. Life is pretty good at the moment, even if hecticness is a price you need to pay!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is 81% uplifting.

Hooray!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Brilliant! You found $400!


I would say 82% uplifting, Ant.

1:35 AM  
Blogger paul said...

i'll go one better, and say 110% improvement. i had no idea... i've been so out of touch lately.

that does explain the sudden disappearance... too bad it's taken me so long to catch up.

10:29 PM  
Blogger eric1313 said...

The jos of buying gifts Just because you can.

One does not need a mastercard comercial to tell them that that is priceless.

And finding $400 is always a sign that there is hope.

Thanks for the link, by the way. I'll reciprocate, if you don't mind.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Joe: Make it a minimum 50% and I might consider it...

9:57 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Doug: What if I split the difference and NOT get you the poutine, and get you a fighter-jet pilot physical training game that will improve your cardiovascular system??

10:13 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

Hmm... I'm intrigued. Half of me must discuss this with the other half of me that is currently screaming for poutine.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Princess: Every now and again I like to take stock of the good things to remember all the hard work is worth it.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Ant: Only 81%?!?

Geez - what does someone have to do to increase that number?

Let me keep looking...

9:05 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Ultra: Thanks! As you can well imagine I was incredibly pleased!

See! That's one more percentage in the right direction!

Huzzah!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Messiah: Fabulous!! I broke that elusive 100%!!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Eric: There is always hope. When everything in existance erodes away all that remains is hope and love.

And you are more than welcome to link me - I would consider it an honour.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Doug: Okay - I'll revise it one last time...

One half-order of poutine and a "low-impact" fighter-jet pilot physical training game?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Chris Benjamin said...

sounds like you're in the zone. other than the housing and transportation issues.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Benji: You bet - only the little things left to tackle, like housing and transportation. :)

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home