9.12.2007

Definition of Chaos

Having a job that makes you work for nearly twice as many hours as you actually get paid for...

to then add a month-long national campaign rollout to you list of "other duties as required".

So while I hold onto my coffee for dear life, would one of you kind souls please remind me which way is up as I seem to have momentarily lost my sense of time and space....

18 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

That's not true. The definition of chaos is:
1. A condition or place of great disorder or confusion.
2. A disorderly mass; a jumble
3. The disordered state of unformed matter and infinite space supposed in some cosmogonic views to have existed before the ordered universe.
4. A dynamical system that has a sensitive dependence on its initial conditions.

But did you ever think there would come a time when school looked good by comparison?

3:04 PM  
Blogger Princess Pointful said...

Eep. Methinks you need a job with a little more overtime pay... and lower on the chaos scale.
Best of luck.

3:07 PM  
Blogger paul said...

I think we need to do lunch. I do believe you have pulled ahead of me in the job sucketh department.

And you know how sad that is.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Up?

It's that way.

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^
|
|

5:58 AM  
Blogger Chris Benjamin said...

forget up. you want out. find the nearest exit and don't look back.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Joe: Cosmogonic? That is spectacularly disturbing - which means I HAVE to find some way to use that in my next conference call/email to VP/resume while looking for a new job... The potential uses are endless!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

PP: I think so to...and the fact that I am still at work while typing this is proof of that. :P

6:27 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Messiah: I actually hadn't thought that it was EVER possible to surpass your job for that title, and it is not a prize I claim willingly.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Ultra: Thanks, I knew that you would know!

Now which way was that again?

6:34 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Ant: Ahhh - the visual interpretation!

Thanks!

Um - either that or you are doing something dirty to your avatar statues... And then my thanking you may be considered highly disturbing...

10:33 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Benji: Really? I can do that?

That sounds almost logical - clearly there is no place for that here :)

5:09 AM  
Blogger SMARTBuddy said...

Look for the air bubbles, so long as youre underwater of course. No? Oh. Im out.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

It's that way.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

Up is relative. I could give you a vector within three dimensional space and I could label that as up. However, seeing as how I'm in Souther California, my definition of up would actually lie close to parallel with the equator of the Earth (and, thus, align with an intersection of the orbital paths of the planets of the solar system.) I could also use the vector from the center of Earth to the North Star to establish "up", but people living in Antarctica would probably disagree, saying that my definition of "up" points down for them. What if, instead, I chose Earth's magnetic north pole? Or, I could use the normal of the plane of the solar system. Or the normal of the plane of the galaxy.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that you can define "up" to be whatever you want.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Smart: Well...I did tell a co-worker last week that it felt as though I was sitting in the deep end of the pool with rocks in my pockets - so you may not be that far off actually :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Ultra: OH!

Why didn't you say so in the first place?!?

11:27 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Doug: Is that the same as saying it is "cosmogonic"?

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home