8.14.2007

New this week!

UPDATE - coming back from vacation only to help fill in for my team mate who is on vacation really consumes the valuable time I should be spending talking to all of you wonderful souls!

Sorry I'm running a little behind...forgive me?

*****

Greetings one, greetings all.

Whilst my fingers try in vain to re-conform to the abomination before me also known as a keyboard, I hope you enjoy the preview lists of posts to come. (In no particular order)

1. Captain’s Request - What's the most interesting place you have traveled to?
2. Taste of Calgary – no…that is not a euphemism
3. Forthcoming travel plans
4. Copious Confessions
5. To Be Determined

As number 5 clearly illustrates – I must go forth in search of caffeine. I shall return promptly and begin my regularly scheduled blogging program.

22 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

if you're posting at 6:25 am, i would say you don't need coffee, you need a starbucks quad shot mochaccino.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a euphemism - so you are actually tasting Calgary then?

I now have a vision in my head of the Monty Python sketch where Terry Jones attempts to eat Chichester Cathedral...

2:43 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

I imagine that Calgary would taste like asphalt, stucco, paint, and maple trees.

Am I right? Have I teh win?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I tried to re-design every keyboard in the world while you were gone, but I ran out of time. Trust me, you would have loved it.

And I assume that Calgary isn't the name of someone you've recently met? If so, we'll need to slap a rating on that post.

Oh, I thought that "To Be Determined" was going to be an inspirational post. Now I know that it's just a place holder.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Messiah: I would rather drink paint than pay $80 for a drink from the bux.

That - and I really wouldn't want to be seen with my co-workers...

:)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Ant: If you would like to entertain the notion that I am indeed eating Calgary - then you should know it is a heady combination of oil and beef.

Not unlike your "streaky bacon" :p

5:11 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Doug: you were close until the maple trees - those are in Quebec. I imagine that it would be akin to my earlier post of Stephenson's Eatery. Very close indeed - minus the fallout.

As for your prize, I'll refer to the judges and let you know shortly!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Joe:

Hello! It has been too long my friend since you stopped by!

The design competition is still taking entries until midnight before declaring a winner...

I try to make all my posts inspirational - even if I am likely the only one who finds them to be. :)

And no - Calgary is not the name of a man I just met.

Gary is his middle name.

:)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

I remember Stephenson's Eatery. That was a brilliant piece of writing!

You mean to tell me that maple trees aren't everywhere in Canada!? My poor beliefs! They are shattered!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Mine too.

I thought everyone in Canada was a quirky mountie with a loyal huskie.

1:25 AM  
Blogger SMARTBuddy said...

Work does knida get in the way of blogging. Looking forward to your posts- and im still sitting on my free question!

2:40 AM  
Blogger paul said...

next thing you know, it will be a business trip that gets in the way... you better be careful, or they'll get their money's worth out of you ;)

(Of course, forgiven)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

The most interesting place I have been to is Yarn 5, which is a huge ball of string.

Apparently, Yarn 4 was even more interesting.

Unfortunately, it was destroyed by a giant space cat.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Doug: I'm so sorry - I've never been in the dream-shattering business before.

Would you like me to try and plant some maple trees for you in order to balance everything out?

4:30 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Ultra - again, I'm so sorry to tamper with you're ideal mental imagery of Canada.

But I draw the line at dressing up as a Mountie - that joke writes itself...

4:32 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

SMART: and I'm still looking forward to it!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Messiah: I figure that since they are willing to pay for everything, it evens a lot of it out :)

4:35 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Captain: HA! So you've met my cat then? He is a formidable foe to be sure - and unmatched in terms of his evil genius.

I wager the ensuing match-ups for Yarns 6 through 11 will be spectacular!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

So ... you aren't going to dress up as a sexy Mountie? Oh well, Toast. At least there are now going to be maple trees in Calgary!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

........thanks for the guilt trip Doug, now I can have company on the plane this afternoon.

:P

7:15 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

You're welcome! I love company on plane trips!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Chris Benjamin said...

ahh, the eternal search for caffeine. bold speed, okami. i recommend just us organic caffeine. it's the purest hit on the market.

looking forward to all these upcoming posts.

sorry i cut out on you the other day - internet connection is currently spotty.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home