6.26.2007

Musings of Stardom - Part 1

Don't get me wrong.

I'm flattered.

No, really I am.

I just don't see it.

You have to understand.

I am just me.

How can so many seemingly random people all compare me to the same actress?

Young and old, men and women, tenured professionals and part-time sales clerks have all said it.

It doesn’t matter if I have my hair up or down, if I’m dressed casually, professionally or “other”.

It apparently doesn’t seem to matter whether I’m in Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto.

Maybe my Scandinavian heritage is messing with their cerebral cortex.

I just don’t see it.

7 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

i didn't at first, but do now. it's partially the shape of the jaw. partially the striking good looks, intelligence, and confidence.

maybe you're just to sexy for your own good.

i watched a movie recently that really highlighted it for me. let me know if you're interested.... and i'll let you know what it was.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Don't believe it, Okami. Your blog looks nothing like Alyssa Milano's blog.

Wait a minute...

Have you been mailing pics of yourself to messiah? If not, I'm going to start the rumor anyway.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Messiah: Really?!? You actually see a comparison?!? Yeesh.

Joe: You already know to whom I refer, but thanks for attempting to play along.

And why would I have to mail pictures of myself to Messiah when I would see him at post-secondary nearly everyday for years?!?

That's just silly.

1:53 PM  
Blogger paul said...

i must admit this movie brought it home. before it i never really did see it either.

sorry :)

sort of.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Scandinavian Heritage?

Hmm

Garbo or Bergman, then.

2:20 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Messiah: I think I just have to accept it - in the last year the number is now up to 41 people.

I really do take it as a compliment for the most part, it is just that I struggle to see any resemblance when I look in the mirror.

Ultra: I was going to reply to this with some sarcastic quip along the lines of *gasp* how did you know?!?

Only then did curiousity take over and I compared images of Greta and Ingrid to b&w images of the modern actress people seem to think I resemble...

I'll post that soon.

*sigh*

I still don't see it.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Johansson it is, then.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home