Complimentary Contradictions
So over the course of compiling many a thought, it came to me that I have one fundamental difficulty in composing an imagery and tale truly articulate of the case at hand.
That being I am an inherent private person, and there are parts of it that I have yet to decide if they merit being shared.
Whilst I attempt to draw to some conclusion to this situation in the immediate future, I pose the following 3 questions to all of you:
1) What is the best compliment you have ever received?
2) What is the most unusual compliment you have ever received?
3) What is the most unique compliment you have ever given to another?
That being I am an inherent private person, and there are parts of it that I have yet to decide if they merit being shared.
Whilst I attempt to draw to some conclusion to this situation in the immediate future, I pose the following 3 questions to all of you:
1) What is the best compliment you have ever received?
2) What is the most unusual compliment you have ever received?
3) What is the most unique compliment you have ever given to another?
8 Comments:
Hm. I'm not entirely sure I can answer these all at once.
One of the better complements I have received, although maybe not at the top of the heap, is that I am refreshing.
Just seemed a lot more genuine than a comment about kindness or appearance.
The most unusual complement, however, seemed obvious (I blogged about it previously)- my ex telling me that I should be a politician.
While everyone seems to think that it was some indirect insult, his explanation may have convinced me, being that I am articulate and convincing in my opinions.
Though I suppose "weasel" might have been implied, too.
1) "You are an excellent communicator" - it was the context that made it: rather than wanky board-room talk, this was quite unexpected and from a very sincere chap whilst enjoying beers down the pub.
2) "5 foot 10 is an excellent height!" - again all about context: it was from the current special lady in my life. At the beginning, any time she told me that I was smart, successful etc my heart would sink, as I would recognise it as the prelude to the "you'll make some woman very happy one day" rejection chat. However, compliments on specifics like my height (or my accent was another one) I found very encouraging...
Not sure about (3).
1) I was told that I have a really great memory.
2) I can't remember.
3) I've forgotten the question.
1- "The more women I know, the more I love you" (by an ex with whom I had a long distance relationship, so I guess it was very treasuring at the time)
2- "You look so pretty out of the office" (by a child's mom. I work at a preschool center)
3-You're the wisest person I've ever met (to my mom)
1) What is the best compliment you have ever received? That I look like a hot famous man.
2) What is the most unusual compliment you have ever received? That I carry myself well for my height. I don't know what that means.
3) What is the most unique compliment you have ever given to another? That I have never had such an uncomfortable procedure performed so comfortably.
I changed my mind! I want a do over!
1) My dad has said that, if he ever had to go into battle, he would want me by his side. (It's because I'll blindly follow his orders without asking questions, but I still like to hear it!)
2) I was told that I was the most cavalier patient an MRI technician has had after he had to give me an enema.
3) I told my brother that he's the most fucked up kid I know. I meant it in the nicest possible way. He seemed happy.
1. I'm not sure I've ever received one.
2. See above.
3. I tend to shy away from generic compliments, so I'd say that the majority of those that I give are unique.
it's taken me a while to ponder these questions, and find an answer. it was difficult. i had a couple of ties i couldn't break, so they are all here.
suffice it to say, i'm not one given to saying much, compliments included. i'm bad that way. i also don't earn many compliments - i'm not a very politcal person. i like to call it as i see it.
or as i prefer to say, "i no longer run my own company, because i quickly discovered i couldn't blow smoke up someone's ass while kissing it." if you quote it - give me my credit ;)
drum roll please.......
1) my nickname(s).
- ciaran
- messiah.
2) you're such a good friend, it's almost like you're gay. i mean, you're not a typical guy. i mean....
i think that might have been the most backhanded compliment i have ever received. she's lucky i knew how it was truly meant. i don't know if she was aware how much i loved her. we're still good friends - half a world apart.
2) you're the most complex man i've ever known.
a different person, and very much a compliment (i think.)
3) i wish i didn't worship you on a pedestal.
3) you taste like sugared almonds.
Post a Comment
<< Home