Coffeehouse Lingering - part two
As I continued to watch the droves of humanity wander past my line of sight, it struck me that it was an accurate reflection of how my life at present has felt. Many of the decisions I had made of late and where my life presently stands as a result of that action, or inaction, came flooding to the forefront of my mind.
I have been struck with an immense sense of dissatisfaction these past months on a number of fronts; my personal life, my professional life and my emotional, physical and spiritual wellbeing. This in no way should be misinterpreted as depression, but more of a need for movement; for rebellion; for action. Everything feels as though it is in a state of perpetual suspension. I am frozen in this point in time and seemingly unable to break free of it or to move forward. Perhaps the best analogy is that is feels as though “on my road of life” my road is currently a treadmill.
It seems surreal that my life is so vastly different from those friends that I had seen with their children, yet we are equally seeking something more.
4 Comments:
Never stay still. Scratch the itch. Nurture the hunger that drives us to experience everything in life before we shuffle off the mortal coil and the game is so totally over.
It's all good. Really.
Sometimes a realization such as the one you describe is exactly what we need to break out of the ruts into which we sometimes settle.
Of course, ant said it much more eloquently. It takes a lot of force to overcome inertia, but it's always worth it.
Okami,
I found your blog through Joe’s. I have responded to other blogs of yours. However this one out of the other ones that I have read has struck a cord with me. I can empathize with you on these thoughts, feelings, desires. I always ponder and question if the path of where the road split for me and the path that I took, was the right one. I think of how I yearn for more as I see my friends on the other side of the grass (which I thought was always greener) and see how stagnant and stationary they have become in life. I realize that I will never use anything as a crutch or impede me from living my dreams or desires. Being who I am is a gift within itself. Learning to understand yourself and appreciate the talents that you have is a wonderful thing. I always feel this way when I am drinking my blended mocha w/ whip cream from Starbucks.
let me know when you're ready to run away and join the circus.
i have the car gassed up and waiting to go.
Post a Comment
<< Home