5.02.2007

As Requested - updated

Dear Ant:

Following this post, a trusted friend of mine made a point of noting how, in their words, I am “wilfully ambiguous” about what goes on in my world.

Touché. I do so for my own reasons, but indeed…touché.

Therefore, please find enclosed a revised listing of the aforementioned questions for your viewing leisure.

1) Why break with tradition: describe your last crush (looks/personality).

I admit with some trepidation that I am still not completely over my last crush. Dark hair, warm smile and eyes that caused me to smoulder to my very core. Still does. There is a way about him that has made me feel at once completely indomitable yet as vulnerable and exposed as if I were nude and on display before him. I don't think he knows that he has that effect on me.

2) You are easily the most enigmatic (and therefore intriguing) blogger that I read. Would you say that you are like this in the offline world as well?

First of all, thank you for the compliment. I have been told as much with an ever increasing frequency over the years, so that would lead me to presume the answer must be yes. Within my own conscious mind though, I don’t believe that I set out with intent to engage in activity worthy of the mysterious moniker, but I will warmly admit that I do enjoy the title. Subconciously however, my mind is always active; questioning, exploring and creating, perhaps divulging the source of this elusive enigmatic behaviour. I am an outgoing person in my public life, and a relatively private person by nature, opening to those whom I trust but yet to find the one person with whom I can experience true abandon with. Yet.

3) Your profile picture - do you really feel this way? Have you ever entertained notions of throwing off the bonds of life then dancing naked on the glowing embers of corporate-dom?

Yes – for reasons both pleasurable and infuriating I do feel this way about my life at present. While the corporate life consumes me now, I cannot fathom the notion of being a ‘lifer’ here. Every passing day erodes my soul fragment by fragment and I know that at some time I will find myself at yet another nexus, have to face this present reality and decide what my future path with be. While my job has many wonderful qualities and I value the learning it has provided me, it is only a means to a greater and more rewarding life. As for the bonds of my personal life – that is perhaps best suited for another round of questions.

Regarding my entertaining notions – I indulge in them with every opportunity life will afford me as they are my source of inspiration and creativity. A naked dance around glowing embers is merely the start of it all.

4) I would love to rattle through your confession blog and ask about each one in turn, but I will limit myself to #46: did you call them in the end?

Ah yes – my answer is no…not yet anyway. For every opportunity in which I am racked with the desire to do so, an equally forceful desire restrains me from doing so. See question #3, coupled with my profile picture for details.

5) What colour is your soul?

What is the colour of old?
I ask this question in response to a compliment I received years ago from a wonderful elderly man I met while on a vacation day trip. I will forever remember his face because the depth and intensity of his wrinkles reminded me of looking at a road map. We spoke for a brief time, and while I won’t write out the compliment here, one portion of it was that he mused that I indeed possess a very old soul. He took my hand in his like a grandfather would and emphasized “the soul of a sage” while patting the top of my hand with his. Since I’ve never forgotten that, or him, the emphasis was certainly effective.

Should you feel as though you would like further elaboration, or would like to ask anything else of me, please feel free to do so and I will endeavour to paint you a more detailed image.

Sincerely,

Okami

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Intriguing as ever... :o)

Thankyou for those answers!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Anytime :)

Feel free to ask as many as you would like.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is much more like it! Thank your friend sincerely - as they probably picked up, I was just being polite in my first comment... :o)

I especially like the story associated with #5. Stay tuned, I may have some more questions to engage that poetic style of yours...

9:21 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Glad you enjoyed them - and not to worry...your initial sarcasm did not go unnoticed ;)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Who knew there was a confessions blog? Clearly I need to start paying attention here.

With respect to question 4, am I to assume that you can't call that person because your hands are bound. That's just tragic.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Joe: For understandable reasons you can see why it is not public.

And ironically what restrains me has little to do with being bound.

10:54 AM  
Blogger paul said...

how intriguing..... as always.

i am intrigued by answer number one.

i would have to say i agree that you are 'like this' period for number two.

you nailed it with number 3.

have to go catch up my reading for number 4.

number 5 is no surprise. although i have been told i have a very old soul, but that this round i am here to learn something for myself, rather than being a guide and a teacher for others.

i just wish i could figure it out.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Messiah:

Thank-you…as always.

I imagine that any man with dark hair who reads this blog may be intrigued by answer number one.

You have known me longer than anyone in blogland, so I take great pride in that you consider my enigmatic presence a permanent personality trait.

Number three is only ever a matter of time – something you should consider in your own career as well.

Bring a cup of tea with you.

For number five, so long as the lesson you are to learn about yourself quickly transcends beyond illness, horrendous working conditions and a job that Satan himself wouldn’t touch with a barge pole…you may eventually come to your inevitable conclusion. I wish you much luck my friend.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home