Birthday Revelry
Even though my birthday has officially come and gone for another year, I still think that I would like to do something to celebrate it.
I presently have no idea whatsoever what that 'something' should be.
At all. Even a little bit.
I didn't think that I really wanted to do much for my birthday this year, so I treated myself to something I haven't done in a really long time - I took the day off. I normally never have the opportunity to do that - my birthday usually coincided with an exam at school or a work day that I couldn't monetarily afford to opt out on.
So when the opportunity arose to take a week off work to unplug from the grid and have some much needed down time - I jumped on it.
It was heavenly. Took me the better part of the week to feel relaxed again, but it was worth every minute of it. I felt creative again and started working on a new piece of literary work as well as two new artworks. And yes, I am an overachiever by nature because I love to see what I'm capable of. Maybe it's an Aries thing. ;)
When my birthday actually arrived I was refreshed, relaxed and recentered again.
And as I've looked back on points in my life these past days, I've come to realize that for all the ups and downs, I have been quite fortunate in my life. After all, I'm still here.
And that should be celebrated.
So I'm looking for some inspiring ideas and am turning to you for help.
Any and all ideas are welcome.
Dazzle me.
I presently have no idea whatsoever what that 'something' should be.
At all. Even a little bit.
I didn't think that I really wanted to do much for my birthday this year, so I treated myself to something I haven't done in a really long time - I took the day off. I normally never have the opportunity to do that - my birthday usually coincided with an exam at school or a work day that I couldn't monetarily afford to opt out on.
So when the opportunity arose to take a week off work to unplug from the grid and have some much needed down time - I jumped on it.
It was heavenly. Took me the better part of the week to feel relaxed again, but it was worth every minute of it. I felt creative again and started working on a new piece of literary work as well as two new artworks. And yes, I am an overachiever by nature because I love to see what I'm capable of. Maybe it's an Aries thing. ;)
When my birthday actually arrived I was refreshed, relaxed and recentered again.
And as I've looked back on points in my life these past days, I've come to realize that for all the ups and downs, I have been quite fortunate in my life. After all, I'm still here.
And that should be celebrated.
So I'm looking for some inspiring ideas and am turning to you for help.
Any and all ideas are welcome.
Dazzle me.
6 Comments:
From one Aries to another: Happy Birthday! (Mine is still on the way!) I understand the overacheiver thing (most people I know wouldn't look at it that way.) When I've got time off, I like to program. I write code as a hobby as well as for work. Since I rave about it as a hobby, they don't think I'm overacheiving, but rather just having fun.
What should you do for your birthday? Go visit a museum that's set inside of an aircraft carrier. No, wait, that's what I did last year. Leave the country! Or, visit the country. Try to find out how many hot dogs you can eat in one sitting. Go to a theme park (give money to those greedy bastards at Disney.) Play miniature golf. Go bowling.
...
Yeah, I've really got nothin'.
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday!
Go base-jumping - it's highly illegal but let's you know you're properly alive (or so I've been told... :o)
Doug: Happy Birthday yet-to-come!
Considering that my coding capabilities are rather sub-par, I'm not too sure that it would be the best celebratory activity I could partake in. I'm glad you're passionate about it though.
Ant: Thanks!
A guy did base-jump of one of the downtown buildings a last year: gust of wind caught him and smashed him into other buildings before he finally crashed atop one of our concrete and glass second-story walkways.
There was glass everywhere.
Hmm - perhaps a dance class?!?
Hmm.
Dance classes work too I guess...
Just following your lead - no pun intended.
Happy birthday (as belated as these wishes may be)!!!
Sadly, I believe I'm incapable of dazzling.
Post a Comment
<< Home