3.14.2007

Winter Math

Sunshine and Blue Sky in Calgary

+

Cold and Blowing Snow in Montreal

+

A return to Calgary with Blue Sky and Sunshine

+

A quick run to Vancouver in the pouring Rain

+

Yet another return to Calgary in the Blue Sky and Sunshine

+

A sudden plummet in temperature by 20 degree with over 15 cm of snow in less than 24 hours

=

Being fall-down, kick-in-the-pants, which-way-is-up? kind of sick for the second time in two months.

Fan-friggin'-tastic. I'm just saying - these cold meds blended with strong, hot, black coffee...I haven't been able to feel a thing in three days and I'm dangerously okay with that arrangement.

On the flip side, I do have some lovely tales to share which I am dedicated to posting just as soon as I can string two coherent sentences together.

Until then - hand me my coffee and a pillow will you?

9 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Don't you mean "hand me a coffee and come cold meds"? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Erm...sorry.

It's nearly 70 degrees here today, but it's supposed to be snowing by Friday. Hopefully I'll get sick so that I can take some time off.

8:09 AM  
Blogger paul said...

hey... if you're sick, who is going to look after me until i recover?

if i could walk, i'd drop off a cup of your favourite java (assuming i can ever find the place again).

maybe we can trade pills for fun?

as for the weather, i agree...
we go from 14 above, to "possible flurries of snow", which wound up being 4 inches, and then half of it melts by the end of the day?!?

vancouver i just can't comment on - other than they say 3mm/minute of rain is about what your car windshield wipers can handle on high speed. at the height of their rainy period, it was hitting around 16mm. that's nuts.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, coffee a good idea whilst stoked with the cold? I tend to replace the black caffeine gold with sugary lemon drinks that make me feel like I'm a toddler again...

Sorry you're feeling sick, but look forward to the tales...

12:16 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

Stop complaining! Suck it up! Rub some mud on it! BE A MAN!

Actually, don't be a man. Women are much more attractive. Have some more coffee, find a nice soft pillow, and stay in bed for a few weeks.

Get well soon!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Here you go.

Oh.

Sorry.

I've spilt Coffee on your Pillow.

Hang on.

I'll just rinse it back into the Mug.

There you go.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Joe: I have enough cold medication swimming through my system at the moment that my pupils are the size of dimes. The coffee just acts as a soothing alibi to coworkers :)

Messiah: Um - I would have presumed Mrs. Messiah? This should be a real warning sign that if our lives are so seemingly different, yet we are both so tired as to be this sick again this soon...something needs to give doesn't it?

Hmm - let me see - I'll trade you two of those red pills, one green and a blue for one of my clear gold, three white and dark roast.

Ant: For the most part - I really can't taste much of anything and coffee has never really produced that "wired" effect on me so I tend to drink it when I'm sick in order to taste something - anything!

Ahh - sweet Neo C - that stuff makes me numb from the eyelids down. Lovely stuff, absolutely lovely stuff.

Doug: Rub some mud on it?!? Don't get me wrong - certainly sounds visually epic - I've just never heard that expression before. Hmm - I wonder how that would go over with my boss?

Ultra: There are a rare few things finer in this world than pillow coffee my friend. You don't suppose that's where "Sleepytime" blend tea has its humble roots do you?

6:51 AM  
Blogger paul said...

i'm afraid she's had enough of me being around the house 24/7. seems i screw up her schedule.

being sick is one thing, at least you can still do something. being immobile is a whole different pain.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Captain Berk said...

I thought 'sleepytime blend' was an unsavoury euphemism for flavouring added to drinks to make a conquest more prone to sharing one's quarters.

But that's just because I don't think Right.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

I share a cubicle with a former United States Marine. He hasn't been brainwashed at all which makes him totally awesome. One of the things they tell you to do is "rub some mud on it and keep moving." I guess the mud stops the bleeding and it's quicker to do in the field than apply some gauze? I dunno. It's his "answer" for quite a few medical problems. (I'll just say that it's a good thing his wife has such a good sense of humor!)

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home