1.19.2007

Reawakening

I can feel again.

Moreover, I can feel more than I have been able to in a long time.

Years actually.

It has been an introspective reunion that was long overdue, and a sensation nearly lost to me completely.

I have been in a coma, a wake-less slumber where emotion and creativity eluded my thoughts. Where routine dominated my existence, its bleak and unfulfilling monotony nearly consumed me.

Then I unplugged from the grid.

The long forgotten began to return….slow….tentative…cautious. Its hesitance akin to testing the temperature of the water by tipping a toe beneath the surface. Like reacquiring sensation in a limb that had been marred by tragedy, I began to experience feeling from within once again.

It came with slumber, with laughter and with healing. It strengthened with love and being loved in return. I can remember what contentment in the moment feels like, what being relaxed in the moment feels like, and what being creative in the moment feels like.

I have slowly returned to my long list of pleasure reading, set aside long ago due to academic commitments. My impulse for creating artwork is returning in waves; each opportunity washing over me; cleansing me of the melancholy that existed.

It is slow.

It is imperfect.

It is a double-edged sword.

It is worth it.

To feel again.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I for one am glad to see that apathy has released it's hold on you, and I look forward to watching you continue to emerge from your cocoon.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just can't shake the feeling that the whole building is, well... just plain evil.

welcome back kiddo.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Huzzah.

It's always wise to let the water cool a little before you dip in that pinky.

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

... meh.

I'm just kiddin'! Get yer butt back in the saddle, kiddo!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home