Alright - I'm official stumped on this one. I know that Lmizzle has blogged in the past how people had frequently commented on how she resembled Lisa Loeb in her former "lengthy hair and glasses" appearance - both of which are no longer the case. I have friends who bear eerie resemblances to Mel Gibson ala "Lethal Weapon" days, and one man who actually got to stunt double in place of a woman in a little flick with the initials L.O.T.R. I've seen people on the street who look like familiar characters on shows all the time; heck - even Lmizzle's eye contact guy looked like a slightly heavier Jim Brass off of C.S.I.
This is fine - no argument here on any account…except…
I have had too many recurring "hey you know you remind me of" moments from people with absolutely nothing in common; some men, some women, some retail, some corporate, some charitable, some from a different province altogether who had met me for the first time only hours earlier.
Yet they all come up with the same person. Every. Single. Time. I have never responded to them when they ask the loaded question, but rather, stare blankly at them waiting for the ball to drop and for them to say someone different - someone I haven't been compared to before. But every time it is the same person. One girl was so excited when she said it that I burst out laughing in the store because she seemed so incredibly proud of herself at the time. Of course, this actress was starring in a film that was playing in the theatres at the time.
"It's in your face - you have very similar faces" they've responded. "It's something in your eyes, or the shape of your face."
Yet this has now been eleven people in the past year alone. Granted one occurrence was in a group situation of 6, but when one person said it, the rest all looked at me for a moment, then came the…"oh whoa! Yeah!…she kinda does, doesn't she!"
Some of my friends have even started sending me images of this actress with text saying - don't you see it? - just look at her hair - that's like yours, only shorter - or look at her eyes in this other picture - or the way she smiles in this pictures reminds me of your smile…
I even had one go so far as to send me a picture of the actress when she changed her hair colour and mentioned that I could pull off that colour if I wanted to dye my hair.
*sigh* I suppose anyone would be flattered - and I am - but I don't see the resemblance at all.
It's just becoming too much of a coincidence as this is the one person that people seem to keep coming back to.
So who do people say you look like?
This is fine - no argument here on any account…except…
I have had too many recurring "hey you know you remind me of" moments from people with absolutely nothing in common; some men, some women, some retail, some corporate, some charitable, some from a different province altogether who had met me for the first time only hours earlier.
Yet they all come up with the same person. Every. Single. Time. I have never responded to them when they ask the loaded question, but rather, stare blankly at them waiting for the ball to drop and for them to say someone different - someone I haven't been compared to before. But every time it is the same person. One girl was so excited when she said it that I burst out laughing in the store because she seemed so incredibly proud of herself at the time. Of course, this actress was starring in a film that was playing in the theatres at the time.
"It's in your face - you have very similar faces" they've responded. "It's something in your eyes, or the shape of your face."
Yet this has now been eleven people in the past year alone. Granted one occurrence was in a group situation of 6, but when one person said it, the rest all looked at me for a moment, then came the…"oh whoa! Yeah!…she kinda does, doesn't she!"
Some of my friends have even started sending me images of this actress with text saying - don't you see it? - just look at her hair - that's like yours, only shorter - or look at her eyes in this other picture - or the way she smiles in this pictures reminds me of your smile…
I even had one go so far as to send me a picture of the actress when she changed her hair colour and mentioned that I could pull off that colour if I wanted to dye my hair.
*sigh* I suppose anyone would be flattered - and I am - but I don't see the resemblance at all.
It's just becoming too much of a coincidence as this is the one person that people seem to keep coming back to.
So who do people say you look like?
17 Comments:
I've had numerous and varied comparisons.
Marti Pellow, Ronan keating, a Musketeer.
Most recently, about four times inn the last few weeks, it has been The Devil.
Lovely.
Who I get compared to: Tome Cruise.
What I look like: not Tom Cruise.
Either tell us the celebrity or post nude photos of yourself. Those are your only two options. :p
HDD: Sorry - thought I'd save that until the bitter end. (that - and I wanted to give people who know my in person guess at who they think I look like and see what they say)
Ultra: HAHAHA - a Muskateer?!? Really? Well, you know, they say there is nothing sexy than a man who knows how to handle his epee.
Grant: Pre or Post - couch bouncing on international TV kind of comparison?
Hmm - nude photos eh? I could always compromise and see if I can find nude phots of the actress - would that count?
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Do they?
They usually say 'put that away, this is a fencing contest, not a strip club.'
Ultra: True - but then again, why would you whip that out around a bunch of men with blades?
Because it needs shortening.
i'm so out of the loop i don't have a clue. not even gonna guess. although i can almost see early crystal gale.
of course, i'm told i look like charlie sheen (well, at least on this movie cover anyway: http://imdb.com/title/tt0103805/)
are we voting on options? no? ok then :\
Ultra: Ha! Lovely! En Guarde Monsieur!
Messiah: You saw me every day for years and you don't see it? Sweet! Maybe I am correct in assuming everyone else has been smoking the drapes.
As for the link - yeah - I can see it, although you with long hair just seems odd to visualize for me.
I've been told that I look like a teenage Robbie Benson. (I'm not really old enough to really know who Robbie Benson is, but I do know that he was the voice of the Beast in Disney's Beauty and the Beast.) I was once in a meeting where a lady kept calling me Robbie!
Doug: Hello!
You could always take a look here http://www.robbybenson.net/ and decide just how young of a Mr. Benson you'd like to be compared to...
really? long hair odd? because it used to be almost half way down my back at one time.
i may have to find photos :)
(and yes, of course it was a mullet.... sigh)
Well, in some pictures yes. But I definitely don't have the body to pull off the whole shirtless comparison. I don't think I'll look anything like him when I reach his age, though.
Messiah: Yes, pictures will be necessary. You've told me before about your "business in the front - party in the back" hairdo before - but it doesn't make it any easier to picture you with one. :)
Doug: You'll be fine, besides - a little photoshop will have anyone in shirtless-worthy photos in no time. I mean hey, if it's good enough for the stars right?
And I've sent a couple of these pictures to one of my friends who saw me everyday at one point - and they don't see the comparison at all - hooray! Hmm....of course thay did pause.....and didn't know who the actress was....and did say that they would need a picture of me for comparison.....uh oh.
Alright - that same friend just called me and said "you know, the last picture you sent me...yeah, I can kinda see it!"
I couldn't be bothered to delete my post from this morning...
Well, at least I have my costume for next year's Halloween picked out.
who ? who?
i have been told courtney love, and drew barrymore...
both who have had (have...) raging drug and alchohol problems...hmmmm?
however, i think they're both sexy ladies who at least have strong personalities and dont take shit....
so i take it a a compliment.
Post a Comment
<< Home