Dark thoughts
Alright - I must confess that I have battled with myself for the better part of this week as whether or not to post a blog of what has been taking place in my mind as of late - or to forgo the ebony abyss of that in favour of a lighter and somewhat jovial posting.
Any preferences out there - or does it truly matter at all?
I think perhaps I pose the question merely on the basis that while purging my mind of dark thoughts may be cleasing to some degree - I also don't want it to set the tone of the upcoming weekend...
Decisions decisions
Any preferences out there - or does it truly matter at all?
I think perhaps I pose the question merely on the basis that while purging my mind of dark thoughts may be cleasing to some degree - I also don't want it to set the tone of the upcoming weekend...
Decisions decisions
18 Comments:
Hello there,
I think you should purge away ASAP. That way by the time the weekend comes, any remnants of darkness will have lifted. Hopefully that will translate to your weekend feeling that much freer!
I like your blog. Just staring at it is appealing.
Bye.
DARK DARK DARK DARK DARK
DARK DARK DARK
deep breath...
DARK DARK DARK
Andy: Welcome - and thanks for the compliment on the blog background...I find myself staring at it too, which is the main reason why I haven't changed it in so long.
HDD: Darn you and your wise logic ;) It's actually been bothering me off and on for most of the week, so you are likely right in it affecting me this weekend if I don't get it off my chest.
Ultra: tsk tsk my little Ultra - you really are the instigator in so many of my posts aren't you?
Go towards the Dark Side, Okami. Dark will always triumph because Light is dumb.
Actually, if you think about it, Dark will triumph. Eventually, all light in the universe will die out and in the absence of light all you have is dark. Yeah, go with dark. It's a safe bet, eventually.
Go with the darkness. Put it to a nice death metal track if you can. For my money, brutality is endlessly entertaining.
Doug: Gee - thanks. That affected my mood considerably...in one direction anyways....
Grant: Of course I would expect you to find brutality highly entertaining - you're the same sadist who told Joe, and I quote:
"be sure to stuff your pants with socks or a cucumber for the ladies in the audience, plus have your URL or e-mail addy stitched on your belt so they can call you."
Am I?
Hee!!
Why not do both? Expose us to the dark side, then soften the blow with a more jovial post. Of course, you asked for this advice on Thursday and now it's Monday so my hope is that you spent the weekend somehow killing the brain cells that held the eternal abyss stuff...
I try to be that glimmer of hope that dies just before you reach it!
Ultra: Am I to answer that?
Yes...yes you are.
Joe: No worries on the lateness - I hear you were occupied elsewhere.
Doug: Now there's a bumper sticker!!
give it. purge away. so sayeth i.
It was a rhetorical question the glee expressed at my dark influence.
So, no.
More posting, Damn you!
Messiah: I choose to believe you are referring to my venting of dark thoughts and nothing else....right? Please say I'm right. I'm going to believe that you meant that and not something else. Yeah....that must be it.
Ultra: It was a rhetorical response to the glee expressed at your dark influence.
And I did. ;)
Now is that any way to talk to a lady?
That's all I'm really good for, isn't it? Things that should go on bumper stickers. Or perhaps they could go on T-shirts! It seems like a very generically feminine thing to say, so I'd put it on a cute li'l baby doll shirt: I'm the glimmer of hope that dies just before you reach it. It would be aimed at every wannabe that dares to hit on you.
Doug: Should you feel that you are being short-changed here on usefulness - by all means, let me know.
Oh wait - you just did.
"Seems like a generically feminine thing to say"...what kind of crazy-ass women do you hang out with?!?!
Your assuming men would want to take the time to actually read that across any women's chest without drifting off mid-way through the statement...
You're a lady?
;-)
I hang out with the sort of women that make it seem like everything is ok. You're talking, you're laughing. It seems like you're having a good time. Next thing you know you feel as though you've been punched in the kidneys, your spleen has been ripped out, one of your lungs has collapsed, and there's a huge gaping void where your heart used to be. After assessing the situation, you look up and see her standing over you with your heart in her hand, ripping a chunk of the organ off with her teeth as though it were an apple and she were on a casual stroll through the park. She then turns and walks away and you're left to bleed to death. (It's never actually happened to me, but I know people...)
I can't drift off mid-sentence while reading those shirts. For some reason, I'm usually more interested in what's on the shirt than what's under it.
Ultra: More than you can every imagine.
Doug: Alright, let me see if I get your full comment here: You hang out with them - but it's never actually happened to you. So does that mean that you're friends with a bunch of insanely cruel people, or that your friends just date insanely cruel people?
"For some reason, I'm usually more interested in what's on the shirt than what's under it."
.......hmm......how 'bout that.....
It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they don't fold out into three panels and staple to the wall does it?
;)
Post a Comment
<< Home