6.08.2006

Creativity Requested

Okay...due to other factors having to take precedence in my life for a while, the blog has become sorely lacking in proper updates.

Such oversights are in the process of remedy.

But this is where I am curious to know what the readers of this little odd blog would like to see:

What links do you think I should add & why?

What topics should I investigate or discuss & why?

What tag line should I give LMizzle? (I do apologize for that – no offense intended girl, I just couldn’t decide on what I liked best)

What other recommendations do you have? (Looking for any and all - don't be shy)

*Oh – and a big thank-you to Diva for adding me to her blogroll – that was very kind of you to do so.*

8 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

What links do you think I should add & why?

I now give the cop-out answer: You should post links that you deem relevant to yourself. That's why I come here. To see your blog as a reflection of you.

What topics should I investigate or discuss & why?

I now give the cop-out answer: You should discuss topics that you deem relevant to yourself. That's why I come here. To see your blog as a reflection of you. (Or, you could investigate any and all topics regarding monkeys. Or rather, shoes.)

What tag line should I give LMizzle?

Good question.

What other recommendations do you have?

Go at your own pace. Sometimes, real life can be a whiny, needy, clingy bitch. Unfortunately, you have to attend to those needs. We'll miss you and, upon your return with new post material, we will rejoice as though it were the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. Also, talk more about monkeys. Or llamas. Or monkeys and llamas.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

What links do you think I should add & why?
Ones that interest you. Because it's your blog.

What topics should I investigate or discuss & why?
A few that leap to mind are Naked Llamas (for Doug), Best Chefs in History (for Diva), How to Rid Your Neighborhood of Crack Houses (for LMizzle), Building a Pirate Ship in Just One Week (for messiah), and America: Canada's Oil Whore (for fun). It'd also be interesting to know how you rose from your humble beginnings to become Co-Captain of the soon to be world's most notorious pirate crew.

Otherwise, I'd say that you do a great job of lampooning the items you come across on the web. Keep that up.

What tag line should I give LMizzle?
Fo' Shizzle

What other recommendations do you have?
The obvious answer is to keep being yourself. I enjoy the blog immensely as is. Write when you have time and I'll always be here to read it soon after you post. I know it's nauseating when I say things like that, but that's the way it is.

2:10 PM  
Blogger The Duke said...

Tagline: Chesticles

and content: What are you passionate about? Write that.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

.....*sigh*.....

You know? I thought for some lunatic reason that since all of you display such varied and unique creativity that I could turn to you for some kind of thought-provoking discussions and suggestions. But since that appears not to be the case;

Doug: Yes, that was the cop-out answer. And here is my cop-out reply: "That's very kind of you to compliment my blogging abilities in such a...um
....repetitive manner".

And nothing needs me to leave my blog for a while - work just got a little frantic, but thanks for the support.

Joe: I love the America: Canada's Oil Whore idea, mainly because of the work I've done with a few of the largest oil companies on the planet. However...I doubt that anyone would really want to read that...and I do mean anyone....

HDD: Sorry - I didn't mean to put pressure on you - suggestions were voluntary. But here, let's see if this helps:

Should I:
A) Have a long hot bath?
B) Read other people's blogs?
C) Drink a glass of wine?
D) All of the above, in random order?

Xray: Ewwww. I can't call her that....ugh.....

6:55 AM  
Blogger paul said...

lmizzle's tag line? the goddess that rocks

as for creativity - ummm.... well, sorry. i'm here to tell you it's hard work. 90-95% hard work, with some random inspiration.

frankly, i think it would be easier starting your own religion and having it officially recognized than coming up with new blog posts most days.

not much help, but then you kind of knew you were on your own.

(how about composing sonnets of praise about everyone on your blog buddy list? - i say lampoon, i mean praise away ;)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

Fine! Be that way!

You should definitely link to BloggingPoints. bloggingpoints.blogspot.com. It's a Blog for Bush.

Topics to investigate might include why people have Blogs for Bush and what can we do to sterilize them.

Tag line for LMizzle should be what Joe suggested. (Sorry, XRay, but she already said she couldn't.)

Other recommendations are still going to be for more disucssions of monkeys and llamas. Perhaps a monkey riding a llama during the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

Your blog could best be served by some tasteful nudes. I recommend pictures of yourself and my dentist, preferably wearing bunny ears.

Not knowing LMizzle, I can't say. Maybe you could help us get to know her better with a few tasteful nudes.

The links don't draw my attention since I don't surf that way - too many weirdos on the internet. I'm cautious about approaching anyone new.

Two topics that seem to get everybody's juices flowing (although not always in a good way) are religion and fitness, especially the latter. Personally, I'd like to hear more about the local flavor. It's always interesting to me to hear about foreign cultures as it makes me thankful I live in the best country in the world instead of your primitive, moose-infested wasteland. :p Seriously, I like hearing the details of people's daily lives - what happened and how you feel about it.

Or you could go the easy route and explain how the Earth will eventually be destroyed by Giant Atomic Chickens in accordance with Satanic prophecy. Also, if you want to write any erotica featuring the two of us and my dentist, you have my permission.

Final note - the nudes don't have to be all that tasteful. Go wild. :p

6:52 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

SPAM!

I recall taking a Japanese history class in college. (It was the same professor that my mom had when she took the class so many years ago.) He showed us a slide of a Japanese artist's rendition of what the afterlife held for the damned in accordance with Japanese beliefs: the Giant Flaming Chicken of Hell! (OK, so it probably wasn't Hell in the Christian sense, and I don't think it was actually supposed to be a chicken.) Grant just got me to thinking, that's all...

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home