Working?
Okay...I finally have a working space with desks, a chair, lighting (sort of), a phone and above all else a computer. Yet I still am not set up with security, or payroll, or a bunch of unknown things I imagine. I have been introduced somewhat to one of the primary software systems, yet not given any measurable amount of work. So I sit...and...um...well, do this.
On the upside though - my entire job is giving company money away to charities. How lovely is this I ask you? It's like being a sexy Santa helper all year long ~ complete with stilettos and ample amounts of red fashionables...
On the downswing ~ my office is the most depressing grey imaginable. It's akin to sitting in a small raincloud. A smoke-esque colour that makes you remarkably sleepy. May explain the overwhelming delay in getting my set-up. But the computer runs like a dream for the most part, but some of the firewall settings are causing some interesting issues in reading my messages...as in almost a complete lack of ability to do so.
I just returned from a three hour orientation seesion that more or less taps your will to live right out of you. "Welcome to "...177 minutes later..."and that concludes our overview of the company. Once again, Welcome to ". Ugh. Lost feeling in my tush about 7 seconds in, and was leery of standing up once it was done simply because I thought I might tip over. but know i think that I'm going out with a couple of friends: some I know, some I will meet for the first time, have a drink or two and do absolutely nothing. And love every blissful second of it.
I realize that this may not be a fully encompassing blog update, but tomorrow I should be refreshed and relaxed, and willing to discuss other things of mmore entertaining and perhaps more personal natures.
May you all find some relaxation tonight.
12 Comments:
Like sitting inside a raincloud? You'd better hope that the electrics aren't too bad...
I had a lovely evening thanks. I got to meet one of my idols.
More about that later.
Oooh ~ I like the sounds of that...
Um...the meeting of idols, not the electrical storms, I mean.
Imagine that you're Winnie the Pooh!
I'm just a little black rain cloud,
Hovering under the honey tree.
I'm just a little black rain cloud,
Pay no attention to me!
Everyone knows that a rain cloud,
Doesn't eat honey, no, not a bit.
Floating along, singing a song,
Looking for somewhere to drip!
Everyone likes Winnie the Pooh.
HAHAHAHAHA ~ I was actually humming that to myself when I wrote that line. I can't believe you know the whole verse!
You're full of mystery aren't you?
Like I said: Everyone likes Winnie the Pooh!
(If you know my wife, then it's not a mystery that I know the song.)
Man, you're going to love what I made for you at work today...
After the past few days I've had...
If they hesitate to get you set up on payroll, just have yourself designated as a charity and send some money your own way.
That said, sounds like the orientation has taken it's rightful place among the ass-expanding adventures of which you sometimes speak.
payroll first.
job duties second.
(at least, the way i'd get the concerns addressed).
sexy santa's helper eh?
all year long?
i think lack of work is making you dizzy.
(actually the downside is you will eventually get used to that little black raincloud you now call home.)
I have a huge boner for useless meetings. So huge.
I have always wondered why they put people in such poor work spaces.
Joe: What a splendid, albeit, illegal idea!!
Messiah: Don't know about all year long, but up until the end of this year anyway.
Xray: That's quite a mental image...my 2:30 useless meeting today will be a tad disturbing now...thanks...I think...
Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home