The Hills are Alive With The Sound of Stupid
Three Singaporeans were found safe on Thursday after getting lost on what they said was a mission to find a legendary karate expert on a snowy mountainside in Japan.
Uh huh. Sounds completely plausible. Hey, you know, I've always wanted to see if the moon was made of cheese. Anybody feel like hot wiring some NASA gear with me? Ooh ooh, maybe Bugs Bunny really did make a wrong turn in
All three were dressed in light clothing and huddling in an abandoned car when they were rescued from the slopes of 1,600-metre (5,249-ft) Mount Iwaki in the early hours of the morning after calling for help on a mobile phone, a police spokesman said.
"Japan looked so small on the world map that we thought we would be able to find him straight away," one of the group, aged between 25 and 50, was quoted as saying.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...*cough cough cough* Ahh - how bad is this? Your basing your expedition on the "map size"? No wonder they were in t-shirts, they probably thought that they could be back in a hour for sashimi. And how can you not know someone's age between 25 and 50?!?! That's a pretty wide margin of error there isn't it? Hmm ~ Maybe that's what age-phobic women of the world could change their driver's licenses to read.
Name: Chesty LaRue
Age: Somewhere between 25 and 50.
But why did they embark upon such a random and half-baked plan you may ask?
One of the three men told police in Hirosaki, near the northern tip of Japan's main island, that they had come to Japan after his dying father, a martial arts expert, had ordered them to seek out the karate teacher, TV Asahi said on its Web site.
Side Note:
Biography for Pat Morita (Miyagi):
- Birth name
- Noriyuki Morita
- Nickname
- The Hip Nip
11 Comments:
I love your new profile picture! I even tried to muddle with a picture of that structure when I was making LMizzle's template :)
They were high on ... anime?
So they've got the geography down: Japan is tiny on a map. Goody, goody! Another thing they didn't consider was that a population of about 125 million was sitting on those four tiny islands. If it's so small, are you going to just yell out "Anyone here a karate master? No? How about jiu-jitsu? Kung fu?"
"No, you idiot! That's Chinese!"
"Oh!"
Be thankful, Okami. Without the stupid people, you would probably take your intelligence for granted.
Blondie: Thanks. I needed a change from the heel for a while. I've always loved this picture, so it seemed like the right time.
Doug-sar: Always looking for the silver lining for me aren't you? Hmm...perhaps I should edit that to Doug-san?
The profile picture is, indeed, beautiful. Blondie is always right about these things.
So you're telling me that maps are drawn to some type of scale? That would mean that I don't have an 800 mile long...remote control?
Wait...what did you think I was going to say?
Okay, I seem to have filled Okami's "stupid people" quota for this particular entry.
You reckon they were looking for Miyagi?
Perhaps they found him and he instructed them to get out of their car and "wax on, wax off."
Miyagi probably wandered off into the snow, laughing to himself at the sheer idiocy of these fools who would obey an old man telling them to wax their car in the middle of a blizzard.
Either that or Miyagi waslaughing to himself because he said "wax off" - but only if, like me, he sometimes has the sense of humor of a 13 year old.
Joe: You know I never allow quotas. Look at my 20 questions that were anything but 20.
Ultra: You don't post here near enough anymore my friend. I forgot about the wax-on, wax-off ~ and now it's stuck in my head. Thanks so much.
Joe: What can I say to that?
I love, age between 25 and 50. How informative. I am surprised that the reporter did not report that the person seemed to be breathing at the time also.
Leesa: Isn't it though? I think that I'm going to start referring to my age as between 27 and infinity just for giggles.
I'm 1 to 60 billion years old.
I wish these idiots plenty of luck finding Mr. Morita. Perhaps the authorities should have left them to die in the snow so they could find their Karate master in the afterlife.
sorry - they're still smarter than some of the people i work with. or for, for that matter :P
Post a Comment
<< Home