Exhaustion
This had better be worth it ~ that's all I'm saying. Between job interviews, exams, final projects and final presentations:
I'm burnt. Numb. Exhausted. Spent. Without energy. Fried. Done. Over.
I'm struggling to make it through the next 2 weeks...I honestly don't know where I'm supposed to draw that strength from. I found out today that two MASSIVE assignments that I thought were do next week are, in fact, due on Friday. I instantly lost 8 days of work time. Just like that. Gone.
Needless to say, that did wonders for my mental wellbeing. Our instructor sayed something like an illness or injury that required hospitalization may allow for extensions. I retorted that he should remain in the room whilst I flung myself down a flight of stairs. He remarked that such action may actually work in our group's favour. I challenged him to show me the proper technique.
Such was my last...um...hour and 16 minutes. The remainder of my time will now likely be spent attempting to creatively stretch 5 pages of information into 25 pages of constructive and insightful recommendations for a nonprofit strategic plan. Oh joy. Add to this chaos that I have yet another job interview tomorrow at the exact opposite end of the city tomorrow morning, which ought to make the commute oodles of fun. There is very little I enjoy more in this world than hauling across the city at break-neck speed to turn around and come back in a similar manner. Woot! It's enough to give me goosebumps ~ or maybe that's the nausea.
Ah, coffee ~ my sweet ebony refuge. Who needs to blink right? I'll sleep when I'm dead.
I'm burnt. Numb. Exhausted. Spent. Without energy. Fried. Done. Over.
I'm struggling to make it through the next 2 weeks...I honestly don't know where I'm supposed to draw that strength from. I found out today that two MASSIVE assignments that I thought were do next week are, in fact, due on Friday. I instantly lost 8 days of work time. Just like that. Gone.
Needless to say, that did wonders for my mental wellbeing. Our instructor sayed something like an illness or injury that required hospitalization may allow for extensions. I retorted that he should remain in the room whilst I flung myself down a flight of stairs. He remarked that such action may actually work in our group's favour. I challenged him to show me the proper technique.
Such was my last...um...hour and 16 minutes. The remainder of my time will now likely be spent attempting to creatively stretch 5 pages of information into 25 pages of constructive and insightful recommendations for a nonprofit strategic plan. Oh joy. Add to this chaos that I have yet another job interview tomorrow at the exact opposite end of the city tomorrow morning, which ought to make the commute oodles of fun. There is very little I enjoy more in this world than hauling across the city at break-neck speed to turn around and come back in a similar manner. Woot! It's enough to give me goosebumps ~ or maybe that's the nausea.
Ah, coffee ~ my sweet ebony refuge. Who needs to blink right? I'll sleep when I'm dead.

13 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sounds like you need a motorcycle, my girl.
What better way to turn up to an interview than in full leathers?
Stride into the interview room and yell:
"allllrrRIGHT! 10 minutes across town!! THAT's commitment to your employers!"
Then toss your helmet into one of the swivel chairs, banging your armoured hand onto the table and shouting
"Hit me!"
Watch them give you the job out nothing more than pure fear.
OMG all my sympathies. I finish at the end of this year - so just lodging applications now... I'm hoping I'll get flown to my job interviews.
What can we do to help? I'd handle your assignments for you, but as you know by now I'm not all that bright. I'd throw you down the stairs, but I fear that I'd incur the wrath of the blog community for harming you in any way. I guess I'm useless.
Another interview tip? Should they seat you towards a courtyard filled with a bevy of attractive people, refrain from continually excusing yourself to ask for phone numbers.
Ultra: Thanks for the advice regarding the bike, but somehow I wonder about showing up in full leathers. I doubt my idea of that definition is the same as yours.
Bluebolt: Welcome to the blog! Thanks for the sympathy, I was more blowing off steam than anything else. The shock is/was more the problem.
Joe: Not all that bright? Sure sure Mr. Interview-for-a-Directors-Job. I would prefer that it isn't so far away, as it is hell for me to make that commute everyday. I'm not sure that the job will be enough incentive to warrant the trouble.
Wait...can we get back to the part about full leathers?
Great...that's just what I need to be thinking about during my interview...
I'm a song from the Sixties! P-too!
I know what you mean :) I am really bad for looking at the position and determining if I'm going to apply for it by checking out the address.
"Hmmm...do I have to take Deerfoot to get there? Yeah? Okay, away with that one..."
I admire educations wonderfully way of remaining ignorant to the realities of its audiance.
Joe: Well since all of us Canadian women can't walk past the window during your interview, we had to contribute to your distraction somehow. Glad I could help!
Doug: So does that mean I begin calling you Doug-sar?
Blondie: To give you an idea, Airdrie is mere miutes from this place...and Deerfoot is going to be my enemy if I wind up with this job.
Xray: Wait, you mean I don't have only one class with one instructor and all the free time in the world by which to do their inane bidding?
Hmm... Doug-sar. That almost sounds like I'm related to a disease found mostly in Asia. Yeah! OK!
Um ~ Ew.
That means that we will be consoling people who caught "the Murata".
To my knowledge, that would be my wife. She is very deserving of sympathy just for putting up with me.
Post a Comment
<< Home