3.23.2006

Too Easy


On a rare occasion, I stumble across a story so perfectly constructed that I have to do very little other than sit back and enjoy it.

This is one of those stories.


The head boy of a rural high school in the northern Free State has lost his title after allegedly sexually harassing schoolgirls, Die Volksblad newspaper reported on Wednesday.
The boy among other things apparently sent photographs of himself naked to some of these girls with his cellphone, according to the report reproduced on News24.
Two of them are receiving counselling to help them cope with the traumatic experience.
The principal confirmed the incident, saying the boy has been stripped of his title.
Many parents and schoolmates are, however, of the opinion that the boy has not been punished severely enough, and that the school is viewing drinking at parties as a bigger offence than sexual harassment.
The principal said the boy has not been expelled, but that he is not head boy any more.
Rumours that he has only temporarily been suspended as head boy for one term are not true, he said.

Damn it anyway ~ what are we to do without a head boy?

10 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I, for one, can understand how he may have become confused by the "head boy" title. I'm certain he was only trying to assure them of his qualifications.

2:56 PM  
Blogger L said...

As head boy, doesn't he get to send pictures of his head to pretty girls looking to give it?

3:14 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Joe: Those must have been some interesting qualifications if the girls are being treated for trauma. You think maybe he had a touch of peg leg?

LMizzle: Apparently so: but then what do the head girls get to send pictures of to pretty boys?

3:30 PM  
Blogger paul said...

maybe his 'offence' really wasn't all that big.

"no, i swear, really, 12 inches"

i'm sure the two girls are undergoing counselling - to cope with their dissapointment. a sad jolt of reality.

no dirty knees jokes required.

3:42 PM  
Blogger The Duke said...

Find someone to lend you a hand?

11:36 PM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Perhaps this head boy has some kind of damning evidence about the school governers.

Maybe he has them over a barrell with whatever horrible secrets he hides and the worst they can do is strip him of his title, so to speak, less he expose their unspeakable crimes.

He will still run everything from the shadows, like Bush Snr.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Lavinia said...

The Free State is incredibly conservative, but I can hardly imagine what kind of molly coddled teen would need counselling after getting racy pics of the headboy's erm...badge.

Of course all the radio talk shows over here are up in arms about it. "Oh our innocent lambs!" whatever. Kids in high school would make a dominatrix blush.

My theory is that one of the girls' mums found the pics on their cellphone and the girl made up her trauma.

Of course if they were unsolicited the boy should be spanked. But then again he might like it.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I guess we won't know unless we see his...uh...head shot.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Messiah: Perhaps his camera phone was lacking an "zoom" function, thereby making his 'offence' look smaller.
I guess the camera really doesn't add 20 pounds.

Xray: You are always there for me with a solution for my problems aren't you?
Uh - not quite what I meant...

Ultra: "strip", "expose" and "over a barrel" in just a few lines...
I knew I liked you for a reason.

Lavinia: Welcome to the blog! I laughed when I read about everyone getting bent out of shape over there. Like Mrs. Lovejoy on the Simpsons; "Won't sombody PLEASE think of the children?!?" And kids in high school have a long long long way to go to make this one blush...uh...I mean..

Joe: Um - yeah...no.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home