Laurence J. Peter - Quotables
Of the list below: Which quote do you find yourself drawn to and why? (Feel free to select more than one)
Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
An intelligence test sometimes shows a man how smart he would have been not to have taken it.
Bureaucracy defends the status quo long past the time when the quo has lost its status.
Competence, like truth, beauty and contact lenses, is in the eye of the beholder.
Democracy is a process by which the people are free to choose the man who will get the blame.
Everyone rises to their level of incompetence.
If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what is the significance of a clean desk?
It is wise to remember that you are one of those who can be fooled some of the time.
Psychiatry enables us to correct our faults by confessing our parents' shortcomings.
So which one(s) appeal to you most?








6 Comments:
Can I select two? If so, I'll go with the psychiatry and "speak when you are angry" ones.
That said, I much prefer Okami quotes.
Thanks Joe :)
I'll keep it a little more original from here on in. I think all of his quotes on incompetence were just what the doctor ordered after all the chaos of last week.
My favourites? Number 4 and Number 10.
"Against logic there is no armour like ignorance."
That pretty much covers the non-resolution of every conflict in the world.
I found it very applicable to the majority of individuals on this campus Ultra...ignorance and anti-knowledge are the pillars of education around here.
How sadly ironic. Such ignorance in a place of learning.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home