3.02.2006

Got Horse Milk?

I humbly request that readers of this particular entry bear with me; it has been a very long and sorted week with trying to resolve this plagiarism issue, get assignments completed and handed in (barely), and feebly attempt to keep my mental faculties in check. Throughout the course of the past few days I have found myself sorting through random and fragmented notions; of which I submit to you the readers for opinions and entertainment.

In no particular order:

I realized that the Olympics have come and gone without any display of Torino’s mascots. In fact – I didn’t even think that they had them. Back to image searching and…um…I knew better than to ask.

I don’t know what they are or what they are called, but at least the attempt was made to distinguish gender. Do you think they intentionally wanted the male character to be portrayed as a blockhead?

**************************************

There is a new tale of questionable food stuffs…it involves horse milk. Yep – you heard me. Think about that for a second or two.

Horse…milk…

What follows is the actual conversation between a Havard-educated instructor and plucky student in one of my classes:

Instructor: “You must weigh the options of every economic decision you make – it is always a matter of simple economics – resources are scarce regardless of where you are or what you are doing. It’s like buying a cow…”

Respondent: (in loud clear voice) “I wouldn’t buy a cow – I’d buy a horse.”

Instructor: (visibly wincing at this) “Okay, but a horse is merely recreational – a cow would provide you with meat and milk.”

Respondent: (without missing a beat) “Well, you can get milk from a horse.”

She was right of course - but for the consumption of humans?...BLECH.

There is virtually nothing I want to know about this; I spared you readers from the image of a woman in period costume actually milking a mare. (No icky porn snickers here - she's legitimately doing it)...EWW. (The bottle on the left is apparently camel milk for those curious folk out there).

I'll never look at a milk moustache quite the same way again...

7 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Holy crap, that's so fucking sick.

1:20 PM  
Blogger paul said...

good lord, i thought heidi & howdy for the '88 calgary olympics was challenged.

so... a sorted week, instead of sordid.... is that a good change?

apparently harvard doesn't offer horse milk in the cafeteria

snicker

reality... you just can't come up with anything that weird.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Lmizzle: Yeah, can't see myself eating cereal in the morning with "My Little Pony" brand milk. Ew - would that make it "My Little Milky"? (ugh - nothing about this topic is leading to anything good)

Messiah: As for the use of "sorted" vs "sordid" - that was intentional. The week wasn’t repugnant or filthy – it was sorted. Things became organized into categories of which I was forced to deal with. The issues of the week could not be dealt with one at a time…they were quite literally dealt with based on grouping which problems were closely related with one another.

My apologies – I suppose the use of quotation marks there would have been proper. :(

4:48 PM  
Blogger The Duke said...

At least it wasn't a male horse!

Olypic mascots seem to have sucked for the last 20 years or so. Those two were particularily pathetic though.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

The mascots names were Neve and Gliz and everything you want to know can be found in this handy media guide!

Sorry, just looked that up to get my mind off of horse fluids.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Joe - you are my hero!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yeah, chicks always dig guys who can get them media guides and stuff. lol

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home