2.02.2006

Love This Picture!

On the tangent of bizarre post-secondary existences, the following excerpt comes courtesy of Something Awful:



"Webster's defines a "non-traditional student" as someone who waited a few decades after high school, and until their levels of bitterness have raised to near-immeasurable levels to go to college. You'll forget Webster, and call these people your "friends," or even "sir" or "ma'am" after completing this course! Most of our students know who the non-traditionals are by the few that are scattered about the landscape of the campus. They don't go by names, but by titles, such as "the old guy in the purple sweatpants who smells like a musty basement" and "that wacky old bitch in the hooded sweatshirt who won't stop talking about god." After having a class with these gentle folk, who we've collected all in one small and terrifying room, you'll soon know them by "the old guy in the purple sweatpants who smells like a musty basement WHO IS MY FRIEND" and "that wacky old bitch in the hooded sweatshirt who won't stop talking about god WHO IS MY FRIEND."
Don't we all know at least one person like this?
Sidenote - I love this picture! Her expression is so lighthearted and pure - makes me smile everytime I see it. I can only hope that I can find such pleasure in life when I'm her age.



3 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Hahaha, I like the sparkles behind her, I think it really adds a nice "youthful" touch.

I also like the phrase, "the bitch in the hooded sweatshirt."

6:52 PM  
Blogger The Duke said...

I don't think I know any wacky old bitches

11:17 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

Lmizzle - But she will surely become the "bitch in the hooded sweatshirt - WHO IS MY FRIEND"...everyone has a gift remember?

Xray - give it time my friend...give it time. When you are comfortable and complacent with your surroundings...WHAM! They appear out of nowhere! Talking to themselves in whispers and shuffling down the corridors in their slippers!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home