2.01.2006

Farewell January - 3 Months to Go!

And then I will be free of this horrible prison of post-secondary academia, where the textbooks repeat themselves and the instructors partake in questionable fashion attire. I am still waiting for the whole "give-a-damn" to kick in and get this semester going, but alas, it has not yet come to pass. Therefore in my adieu to the first month of 2006, I shall regale one and all (...okay...um...all two of you out there who are even aware that I have this silly blog)...with a summation of my existence in the past 4 weeks.

1. Get some insane hazardous 24-hour flu-type sickness from a beloved family of friends. Technically they got it from their
adorable offspring, but now I'm just getting into semantics.
Con: Feel like uber death while composing a list of people I wanted to give it to...
Pro: Actually lost weight. Creepy - yet nauseatingly effective.

2. Returned for final academic semester in this hovel.
Con: I'm still here.
Pro: Um...let's see here...nope, can't use that!...and that's not really a positive either...uh...cheap coffee? Yeah - let's go with cheap coffee. That's safe.

3. Acquired obscene amount of Asian art - Huzzah!
Con: Potential exist for poor student to be a poorer student with stunning art.
Pro: If I'm gonna ride the debt dragon coming out of school baby; I'm doing it in style!

4. Get to re-introduce myself to the joy of having my own time to spend however I see fit, and with the people I want to be around.
Con: The concept has unfortunately been foreign to me for far too long and takes a period of re-adjustment.
Pro: I’m a fast learner.

5. Created this little den of iniquity for myself in response to having nothing to do for the first two-and-a-half weeks of the semester.
Con: You will now be subjected to the life of ME! (You poor, twisted, masochistic souls – my kinda people)
Pro: You can always comment freely and warp my viewpoints for your own entertainment value. (And people say you can’t get a bargain nowadays!)

Well – there you have it; January in my life summed up in five relatively insignificant occurrences. Now with 12 weeks and 2 days until I make my escape into the oblivion of “real life”, there is nothing to do but sit back and pretend to give a damn.

Hmm – need a coffee… mine was unfortunately expended as a result of a choking fit due to
this. (Note: not for the faint-hearted)

2 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

i think you could have summed it up with January, con: apathy, pro: apathy with coffee. but the details were good too ;)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Okami said...

True true...of course then I would sound an awful lot like you. Of course, I would be in good company.

Over time I have honed my apathy and all apathetic tendencies into a finely crafted art form to be admired by some and feared by many.

Aah - knowledge is good.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home