Enough is Enough
Alright. That does it. I give up.
I had convinced myself that the nosebleed guy (see January post) was the single grossest episode that I had to bear witness to while in these labs. Since then however, it has become increasingly common to glance around at the people who occupy this computer lab space and discover that a nosebleed is only the beginning. In the passing weeks I have seen people picking their nose, and resume typing. Some root around in their ears and then resume typing. Others yet have felt the burning itch of nature come a callin’ to their backsides, and answer the call by sticking their hands down the ass of their pants and claw at their nasty fleshy arses. When comfortable yet again, they resume typing.
I feel like leaning over and pointing out to them, that contrary to what they may believe – THEY ARE NOT INVISIBLE. Logging on to one of these idiot boxes does not give them some mysterious cloaking ability, whereby no one can see them as they itch, pick and readjust themselves to some unattainable comfort level. One can only shudder at the thought of what may be trapped within the cushions of these chairs…I suddenly wish I had on those super-snow pants that little kids have on in the dead of winter.
While struggling to think of something positive to this display of all things yucky, it’s a small blessing that these monitors don’t have high cubicle walls, or all the keyboards would probably be sticky.
I had convinced myself that the nosebleed guy (see January post) was the single grossest episode that I had to bear witness to while in these labs. Since then however, it has become increasingly common to glance around at the people who occupy this computer lab space and discover that a nosebleed is only the beginning. In the passing weeks I have seen people picking their nose, and resume typing. Some root around in their ears and then resume typing. Others yet have felt the burning itch of nature come a callin’ to their backsides, and answer the call by sticking their hands down the ass of their pants and claw at their nasty fleshy arses. When comfortable yet again, they resume typing.
I feel like leaning over and pointing out to them, that contrary to what they may believe – THEY ARE NOT INVISIBLE. Logging on to one of these idiot boxes does not give them some mysterious cloaking ability, whereby no one can see them as they itch, pick and readjust themselves to some unattainable comfort level. One can only shudder at the thought of what may be trapped within the cushions of these chairs…I suddenly wish I had on those super-snow pants that little kids have on in the dead of winter.
While struggling to think of something positive to this display of all things yucky, it’s a small blessing that these monitors don’t have high cubicle walls, or all the keyboards would probably be sticky.
2 Comments:
For a second I thought you wrote that someone had scratched their balls and then typed!
Okay, I'm pretty sure that's happened a lot what with the wierdos at this school....
barf!
Sweetie - I'm sure that someone in this place has, on more than one occasion, scratched their balls and then resumed typing.
Does that mean that my typing this message is like giving them a rub n'tug?
Ew.
Post a Comment
<< Home