EBay: Masters of Literature
As my blog title suggests, the apathy has seeped into every pore of my being. Therefore I once again find myself with headset on and open document before my eyes. I realize that I have other things I could / should be doing, but *shrug* what do I care? I have less than 10 weeks left within the confines of these walls and I've stopped caring.
I was pleased to see that so many other people had chosen to post about Valentine’s Day, thereby giving me ample reason not to. Of course, every entry varied somewhat depending on whether or not the originator was involved in a relationship of sorts. I, on the other hand, will attempt to make this brief:
For the love of everything that is even remotely decent in this world – tell people that you care about that you care about them before you wake up one day and they are gone. Work with me on this one – I’ve lost a great many people in my life; some I’ve had the chance to tell, some not. It is a nagging pain that slowly erodes your soul.
Topic Change!
As promised to Lmizzle – yet another Ebay adventure was waiting for me as I went in search of more Sandman. Perusing the books, I spotted a couple of antiquated beauties that I felt the urge to share with you. I proudly present to you the foremost expert on all things polite and proper:

The Romper Room Do Bees “A Book of Manners”.
(Did anyone ever really wear shorts and suit jackets?)
Ahh – the subtle joys of yesteryear childhood courtship. All of the forgotten favorites are to be found in here; such as:
For little boys – “If you want to show a young lady that you like her, pull her pigtails as hard as you can. When she runs away crying, she is actually telling her friends that she thinks you are cute. If you see her playing by herself, take that as your chance to push her down and tell her she smells funny.” For today’s cyber-savvy little boys: Launch into smear campaigns with members of the opposite sex in neighbouring provinces. (Couldn’t resist…the set-up was far too tempting…)
Continuing on from there I noticed a book in need of serious etiquette training…

“Danny Delinquent” – A strapping, self-indulgent yet lost young man in need of maternal discipline and a sound thrashing. Nope, wait – different book…sorry.
I continued onwards in search of other novels of interest. This one fell just short of that mark :
Huh – um – yeah. *Awkward pause* Part of me is surprised that the publishers actually considered printing this title without collapsing to the floor in a fit of giggles. I’m trying to picture myself walking into a bookstore and requesting this title…
And to celebrate the coming and going of yet another V-Day, I present for your viewing pleasure:
It should be noted that while little girls may be interested in rushing out to know all the secrets of boy location – this one is clearly indicated “Boy’s Edition”. Therefore, little girls should be content with playing with themselves; waiting to be pushed down…uh, wait a minute…


14 Comments:
Ms. O, I declare that you're whole post was, in fact, on Valentines day. Or at least point of said celebration.
I if I were to venture between various lines I would also add that it is indeed good to let people know that you care. So might I say, after such a brief and disembodied aquaitence, I think you are quite smart and funny.
Though you do smell funny and I am quite sure that you have a fetish for Japan and shoes. Perhaps the later relates to the former?
back to explicitville - > When a child, I did, happily, wear that dressy combo. Jealous!?
Also, I placed my first ebay bid ever today. Neat!
Happy Valentines day Ms. O, I hope that you had a good one!
Surely a book suggesting that someone needs to be taught manners is ill-mannered by it's very nature.
Scouting for boys?
Just go to your local Cage Match.
Ultra - well said; a seemingly obvious etiquette boo-boo overlooked by ravenous kiddy publishers.
Xray - oh my dear bored researcher; where do I possible start? Your comments were, as always, keenly observant and poignantly phrased. With the exception of fetishes for Japan and shoes…I have a great many fetishes in my life, however Asia and decorative foot adornments are likely the safest about which to blog for the meantime. The rest will likely be incorporated into the ‘write club’ once I am able to bribe my way onto the member list.
As for our brief and disembodied acquaintance – I humbly echo your sentiments. I find your blog entries are intriguing and thought provoking works. And I couldn’t be jealous of that outfit if my life was on the line – although I do reserve the right to hum “who wears short-shorts?” in your presence should you return to visit the new Lmizzle and Rad Steveness abode.
I hope that you had an enjoyable V-day as well Mr. X, and for reference – I do not smell funny and I’m going to tell my friends that you’re…uh…I mean, tell the teacher you’re mean…damn it.
Ms. O., :)
Usually applicants for the write club perfrom a variety of dangerous tasks and sexual favors. However, if you give me your e-mail I can send you a membership and we'll call it a deal!
I may visit them. And I may wear short shorts. And you may hum.
I thank you for you kind words Ms. O., and look forward to reading your material.
I think you mean sexual tasks and dangerous favours.
The sexual task is to dress up as a man dressing up as a woman, then convince at least one person you are a man.
The dangerous favour is to go and tell Chuck Norris he is a mood hoover.
Get to it.
Ha Ha Ha - Chuck Norris looks in the mirror every morning and knows he's a mood hoover - my job is done for me there.
As for sexual tasks – I convinced a VERY drunk and VERY stoned little gay boy once that I had undergone reassignment surgery at the hands of a skillful Guatemalan…of course he then went to tell all his friends, but it came out as I had an assignment to do on ski hills in Guadalajara.
Does that count?
I only wish I knew how to boy scout like the boys! Wait, doesn't that just mean a circle jerk while singing camp songs?
Creepy old men had to do something before the Internet came along didn't they?
So they scouted for boys...
Ugh - nothing about that sounded right did it?
I’m N Luv (Wit a Stripper)...
T-Pain & Mike Jones
This is the second most popular song on itunes right now. Interesting, no?
Man, you all crazy. Why you so crazy?!
Ha ha!
Yes it does.
Brilliant!
Lmizzle - Ha ha - That is interesting in the same way that makes sane people cry in their warm domestic beer.
Xray - Simply put; meds wore off.
Ultra - Splendid! To this day he probably still wonders why his friends weren't impressed by that.
They should have been
Ski assignments are pretty important. Especially in such a ski-starved location.
I think that his frantic chest grabbing to emphasize his storyline was somewhat lost on them though...pity.
Post a Comment
<< Home