2.06.2006

EBay Makes Me Giggle

I was originally going to post some dark, scathing rant about how much I hate liars and how they are the lowest common denominator of humanity - but instead I wandered over the Ebay to partake in the entertainment and wonderment that is humanity's powers of description!

For example: This interesting little sculpture was entitled
"Amazing Rare Bronze Ox"

Um...I'll say! That is the most amazingly rare OX I've ever seen. Talk about never getting out to the zoo when you were a kid - he probably thinks that horses are cats and that elephants can fly.

And then there is this little gem:

"Stunning Chinese sexy china snuff bottle" - huh - sexy china? Lord knows that's how I like my china. This thing is as tall as a person's thumb, and yet the individual felt the need to highlight not only Chinese, but china and throw in a stunning and a sexy! Hmm - perhaps simply calling it an "Old titty tobacco jar" wouldn't have generated as much interest.

Now this one was fun:

"Beautiful Excellent Brass Angel of Qing Dynasty"

Wow! For some silly reason I thought that cherubs were Greco-Roman! All these years they belonged to the Quin Dynasty - hey maybe St. Valentine was actually an emperor!

And finally, this little diddy was called "Rabbits in Basket"

Can you believe that this stunning little decoration could be sitting in your home all for the one-time price of $2.00? (Plus $250 shipping and handling). Who wouldn't love to have this tawdry little escapade frolicking in front of you every single day until the cat knocks it off your monitor. Hey - maybe the ears are made out of chocolate...

2 Comments:

Blogger L said...

This is pretty much the best thing I've ever read!

Now I want to go look up crap on ebay!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Okami said...

Wow - to have a compliment like that come from the blog queen is something special!

Thanks!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home