1.24.2006

Is it just me, or is the world starting to lose it?




Perhaps I have been trapped within the confines of a post-secondary lifestyle for too long (no real surprise to anyone there), but I'm starting to worry about the general state of things with regards to the students accepted by this institution. Whilst blogging for the better part of the seven hours that I have been on campus today (thus far), I have had to bear witness to a guy sitting at a computer next to me with a nosebleed that defies description. I mean this guy was about ten minutes away from needing a transfusion, and didn't even bother to get up and go to the washroom to contend with it. He sat there...sniffing, snorting, and essential choking back his blood as it ran down his face and dripped all over the damn place. I am now, and forever will be, paranoid to utilize the computers in this retched hovel. I can't believe I had to pay tuition for the privilege of ring-side seats to a haz-mat episode. Who out there would willingly consume your own blood in copious amounts just so you could finish reading your email?? *shudder* He finally conceded defeat and wandered off to deal with the crimson tide – only to return two minutes later with half a tree trunk up his nose! Now I understand the necessity of ebbing the flow of blood from one’s nostrils with a paper towel, tissue, any absorbent material nearby that is not a stranger…but this "fine specimen" of masculinity actually took great care to roll this stack of paper into something the size of a Havana special, and crammed it so far up his facial orifice that he actually distorted his face just to keep it there!

*sigh*

35 minutes have come and gone, the towel(s) are now completely saturated and starting to loosen from their holding place…I’ll leave the auditory descriptions of that to your own devices, but sufficed to say…um….EWW! But did our hero leap up from his commonplace slouch before the monitor and remedy the ever-soggy situation that was developing beneath (and within) his very nose!?

Stay tuned – he’s still sitting beside me…

1 Comments:

Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

How endearingly grotesque.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home